- 150+ tour dates in 2016.
- Appearances at SXSW and Folk Alliance International.
- NYC shows at venues including Rockwood Music Hall, Mercury Lounge, Knitting Factory, The Living Room, & Pete's Candy Store.
- The single "Heaven" won the award for Best Music Video at the Sene Film Fest.
- The singles "Blue Skies and Telephone Poles" and "Stories" were featured new releases on iTunes.
- New album Broken Window released October 7th, distributed by AWAL worldwide.
"...right amounts of country-folk rock ’n’ roll that evokes equal parts of Willie Nelson and Neil Young" - Power of Pop
"This record is profoundly human...Listening to "Broken Window" is a beautiful, touching and thought-provoking experience. A very special album that I cannot recommend enough!" - sway and breathe
"The production and instrumental choices ...mixed with Snider’s individual voice, strongly evoke the melodic but painfully shaky character of Conor Oberst" - throw the dice and play nice
Rue plays music on the road full time. Most of the shows are solo featuring acoustic and electric guitar. People have said he reminds them of Social Distortion, R.E.M, Bright Eyes, and Billy Bragg.
Rue has shared the stage with Tom Maxwell (Squirrel Nut Zippers), Tropic of Pisces (members of Rubblebucket and Oberhofer), Superhuman Happiness (Stuart Bogie - Antibalas, Arcade Fire), Benjamin Scheuer (writer and star of "The Lion"), Walter Salas-Humara (the Silos) among many others.
"Voice wise you might even compare [Rue] to a John Lennon." - Ryan Benk, Indie Endeavor 89.9 WJCT
iTunes Placement of the single "Stories"