RUE SNIDER, BROOKLYN
Brooklyn-based singer songwriter Rue Snider combines 80s alt sonics with a lyrical style reminiscent of 60s rock revolutionaries.
After touring the country and releasing records consistently for the past four years Rue has built a loyal fan base and an impressively robust catalog of music. With his forthcoming album City Living, his third full-length record, Rue presents his most musically ambitious, and exciting effort to date.
Heavily influenced by the sounds of the 80s from Cyndi Lauper to R.E.M, City Living presents an aural experience of the downtown Manhattan scene in the mid 2000s brought to living color in 2018. The record, produced by Andrija Tokic (Alabama Shakes, Langhorne Slim, Hurray For The Riff Raff), was influenced by a formative time in Rue’s life when he moved to New York in 2005 and found himself in an enlivening environment, surrounded by the sensory overload of Manhattan’s Lower East Side. City Living captures this period - a musical snapshot in time.
- 100+ tour dates per year since 2014
- Video for “Heaven” win Best Music Video at the Sene Film Fest
- Single "Speak My Mind" featured on the 1,000 Days, 1,000 Songs playlist
2015 EP The New New Colossus re-released by Infintesmal Records as a limited edition cassette package,
- NYC shows at venues including Rockwood Music Hall, Mercury Lounge, Knitting Factory, The Living Room, & Pete's Candy Store
- Appearances at SXSW and Folk Alliance International